FULL TIME, ON-SITE
GeoWealth is a leading investment advisory firm based in Chicago which provides a comprehensive and fully integrated wealth management technology platform coupled with best-in-class portfolio management solutions. Our next generation end-to-end advisor platform is modern and always evolving. Accessible through one interface, it provides a holistic solution, assisting Advisors with technology, investment, and back-office needs.
We are looking for a Java Developer to join our highly skilled team of IT professionals and make an impact on the future of the financial services industry. You will work directly with our Head of Engineering and Senior Engineers to develop technology that enables the rapidly evolving asset management industry with the most comprehensive and integrated solution.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take ownership and apply in-depth knowledge and expertise in any step of the software development lifecycle, from design through maintenance.
- Deliver high-quality and well-structured code, while working and collaborating in a team environment.
- Extend testing capabilities by writing unit tests and assisting in basic QA testing during new feature development.
- Analyze product and design requirements and help with refining the scope.
- Work independently on larger tasks, prioritizing and breaking them down.
- Ensure the quality of the delivery by following the team’s process and applying best coding practices.
- Cooperate and assist the QA teams to ensure faults and other problems are identified and fixed quickly.
- Continuously learn and improve his/her technology stack.
- 3+ years of enterprise level Java development.
- Good understanding of design principles, and algorithmic skills.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience with GIT, pull requests and code reviews.
- Self-driven person, highly motivated to acquire new skills and apply them in practice.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Message driven architecture.
- Experience with Oracle and Hibernate.
- Test driven development.
- Actor Model.
- Financial services experience and/or knowledge.
- You will be part of our highly capable and experienced technology team.
- Casual work environment with fun, hard-working, and open-minded colleagues.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive health plan.
- Convenient office location.
- Flexible work schedule and work from home options.
- 25 days paid annual leave.
- Stocked kitchen and weekly lunches.
- Sports card.
Ready to apply?
About Team GeoWealth
Meet Our Team
Ready To Work Smarter?
Get Powered By GeoWealth