Lead QA Automation Engineer
FULL TIME, ON-SITE
GeoWealth is a leading investment advisory firm based in Chicago which provides a comprehensive and fully integrated wealth management technology platform coupled with best-in-class portfolio management solutions. Our next generation end-to-end advisor platform is modern and always evolving. Accessible through one interface, it provides a holistic solution, assisting Advisors with technology, investment, and back-office needs.
We are looking for a Lead QA Automation Engineer to join our small, yet highly skilled team of IT professionals and impact the financial services industry’s future. Together with the QA Automation engineers you will develop, execute, and maintain automated test cases designed for functional, system, performance, and regression testing for GeoWealth’s comprehensive wealth management technology platform.
- Mentor, support, and lead by example the team members in the process of developing, executing, and maintaining automated test cases.
- Coordinate, prioritize, assign, and monitor tasks in Jira, keep the team board up to date.
- Moderate daily stand-ups, keep focused time-boxed agenda, identify follow-ups to resolve impediments.
- Analyze functional requirements, identify gaps, assess risks, define technical design, work on planning and estimation together with the team.
- Bridge and facilitate communication with developers and leads from the broader team.
- Organize and monitor code reviews, set up best practices and process improvements as well as the related documentation.
- Collaborate with DevOps in order to improve the integration of QA into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Support the recruitment process, assess candidates, and lead technical interviews.
- Support setting performance objectives and establishing professional development paths for the QA Automation team members.
- Establish vision for architectural improvements, identify opportunities and lead high-impact initiatives in the QA domain, stay up-to date with the latest technology trends.
- Expert in QA Automation with solid background in tooling and the ability to perform research, propose architectural solution and lead implementation.
- Solid programming skills and experience in Java and Selenium
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases, SQL and scripting
- Experience with Java/Python based automation tools.
- Experience building custom testing frameworks.
- Familiar with test runner features such as test fixtures (e.g. setup and tear down methods, assertion types).
- Exposure to Integration testing, API/Rest API testing and Selenium/WebDriver API
- Excellent understanding of software methodologies, tools, and processes, experience with Jira, Confluence, Git.
- Leadership qualities, previous experience as a team or tech lead
- Experience with Docker and configuration management tools (Ansible).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with performance testing
- Experience with mobile testing
- Automated testing on AJAX driven web applications.
- Financial services experience and/or knowledge.
- You will be part of our highly capable and experienced technology team.
- Casual work environment with fun, hard-working, and open-minded colleagues.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive health plan.
- Convenient office location.
- Flexible work schedule and work from home options.
- 25 days paid annual leave.
- Stocked kitchen and weekly lunches.
- Sports card.
Ready To Work Smarter?
Get Powered By GeoWealth