Product Manager, Financial Reporting & Data
GeoWealth, a wealth management technology start-up, is currently searching for a multi-talented, Chicago-based Product Manager to join our growing, cross-disciplinary and globally distributed digital product team. We’re looking for a someone who loves getting into the full lifecycle of the digital product process – ideation, inception, creation, and continuous improvement; has an understanding of Agile process fundamentals; and wants to deepen their skill set by helping to elevate a powerful B2B financial services technology platform to consumer-grade experiences.
The Product Manager role will largely be tactical, with significant independence and accountability. Your job is to facilitate and manage the roadmaps, definition, and project plans of your product portfolio with the aim to launch and keep these products best-in-class through ongoing and continuous improvement.
You will help the company more deeply entrench a lean and Agile approach to product development – not just as it relates to engineer and code execution, but also as a mindset within Design, Business, and Operations teams. This consists of coordinating closely across our executives and business lines to better prioritize and align key initiatives and bug fixes; working closely with the product and design teams to increase the quality of requirements and product-driving deliverables; partnering with development teams to improve resource tracking and visibility into project activities; and providing an increased level of communication, project execution transparency, and product key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring to all stakeholder groups.
Working in combination with Development, Business and Products teams, your product portfolio will include areas within the following critical operation and data systems used by both our internal business and partner financial service firm users:
- Portfolio, Account, Household, and all manner of Performance Reporting
- Portfolio and Account data, reconciliation, and quality control
- Digital account opening
- 3rd party Account & Data Aggregation
- Fees and Billing systems
- Data Migrations when new firms are added to the platform
- Balance multiple objectives, projects, and goals simultaneously
- Work with both our Chicago-based Business, Operations, Design, and Dev teams as well as our Sofia, Bulgaria-based design and dev teams
- Champion the competing needs of our business, stakeholders, and users throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project and is able to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Directly address known (and help identify unmet) customer needs through the development and delivery of feature/functionality concepts
- Lead cross-functional teams through the entire product development lifecycle, identifying creative solutions for problems that arise along the way
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and work with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features & functionality
- Develop supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations
- Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework
- Develop test plans, monitor key metrics, and support analytics teams for continual optimization of your product set
- Continuous project communication with product and development leadership, with weekly status updates to executive teams
- Quarterly international travel to our Sofia, Bulgaria office may be required depending on travel restrictions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Methodologies of performance and account reporting
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to maneuver within large data sets
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to uncover the unseen
- 5+ years as a product management/product development experience
- A desire for collaboration and seamless work amongst internal teams such as Design, Business, Operations, and Technology, as well as external and partner vendors
- The ability to take direction and critique as a natural part of improving your work
- Deep hands-on familiarity with JIRA and Slack (our SDLC tools of choice)
- Strong experience executing within an MVP-driven, Lean, and/or SCRUM/agile development, and rapid release product environment
- Proven ability for independent work in a dynamic, fast-shifting work place
- Experience working on large and complex digital projects. An emphasis or interest in financial services or other process/regulation-heavy sectors is preferred
- Experience developing and managing project and product release plans with globally distributed resources
- User-centered and usability-focused problem-solving skills with a can-do, hands-on approach and a bias towards action, results, and learning
- A keen attention to detail and ability to author crisp, clear documentation
- Excellent communication, relationship, presentation, and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage up
INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION: resume, first name, last name, email address, phone number, position name.
If you prefer to apply via LinkedIn’s Easy Apply, follow this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2511902653/
GeoWealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check.